- "You don't think I wish that she could just see me? Not how I look or what I eat? She's the most insecure self-loathing person I've ever known and she's projected that on me my whole life. Which is why I became anorexic. And by the way, you can be too skinny, okay? I was ninety pounds. I had to go into a hospital and get fed with a tube. I don't wanna tell my mom what I really think about her because it will only hurt her. I don't wanna make her feel how she makes me feel."
- —Davia to Dennis
Davia Moss is an outspoken school teacher who lives at The Coterie. She is a body-positive social media influencer primarily on Instagram.
Davia Moss was born and raised in Fitchburg, Wisconsin, Davia was always a curvy girl. Her mother would often fat-shamed her and belittled her physical appearance which contributed to the mental and physical disorders she developed later in life. Davia was diagnosed with anorexia as a young teen, but received therapy for her issues and went into remission during an unknown period.
In high school, Davia met Jeff and was best friends with him, though she always had a crush on him. After high school, Davia sang at Jeff's wedding to an unnamed woman and the pair remained friends. She later moved to downtown Los Angeles where she became a tenant at the Coterie. She then became a grade school teacher with a side-job as a body-positive Instagram influencer.
For her 24th birthday, she made everyone in the Coterie group wear "Davia t-shirts", and the year before, everyone wore Davia masks.
Davia is outspoken, loud, and strong-willed. She preaches body positivity as someone who used to have anorexia but grew to love her curves and natural figure. She is against bullying but is also hypocritical in that aspect as she degrades and teases many members of The Coterie. Her harsh demeanor, quick-wit, and defense mechanisms all stem from a place of crushing insecurity.
At the same time, she has a thick skin and doesn't let internet trolls bother her, except when the comments come from her mother. She is also very judgemental and disguises her judgemental behavior behind the facade of telling it like it is. She cares deeply about those she views as her friends, which is evident when she protects Bryan's dignity by calling Gael out on not being in a committed relationship with anyone. This later proves to be hypocritical after her relationship with Jeff, a married man, is revealed to the Coterie. While Davia has fluctuating moods and can be incredibly self-center, she has a big heart and cares deeply for everyone around her - including her students.
- "50% fashionista, 50% whatever the hell I think looks good on me."
Davia is of petite height with a curvy body and wavy, shoulder-length blonde hair and green eyes. She wears conservative clothing that primarily shows-off her chest and shoulders.
Davia is first seen in the communal bathroom of The Coterie, getting ready in the mirror. Only her back is seen, and she is topless with only white underwear on. Later, she is seen at the table eating with her fellow residents. Alice introduces Davia as, "body-positive Instagram user" and a teacher. Davia proudly states that she teaches young women that a healthy body doesn't necessarily mean a skinny or perfect body, and states that she struggled with Anorexia when she was younger.
Season 1 (13/13)
Season 2 (7/8)
- Bonnie Moss - Davia's relationship with her mother is very complicated, primarily due to Bonnie's constant criticism of Davia's weight. Bonnie believes that beauty is something that can be obtained through surgeries and being skinny. She also thinks that no man will want her, or her daughter if they are overweight and aren't the picture of "beauty". Davia, however, believes in loving the body people were given and gaining self-confidence based on your pre-existing weight or looks. When Bonnie comes to visit, she often shames Davia for eating and even goes as far as to create a troll page that leaves crass comments on Davia's Instagram posts.
- Main article: Davia and Dennis
Their relationship was initially skin-deep as they didn't know each other. Davia would often antagonize and ridicule Dennis for his life choices and behaviors, especially his relationships with younger women. Dennis, for the most part, ignored Davia and her remarks. They started to develop an authentic friendship in "Re-Birthday". They formed a notable friendship between "Vitamin C" and "Percussions". Davia eventually developed romantic feelings for Dennis and planned to tell him how she felt when a miscommunication halted her and made her reconsider her feelings.
Notes and Trivia
- Davia is a school teacher.
- She is a body-positive Instagram influencer that targets young women and teaches them how to love their bodies.
- She used to have Anorexia until she learned that a healthy body does not have to be a skinny body.
- She was featured in the top-ten body-positive influencers list.
- Her Instagram handle is @DavieBohme.
- Davia is a very talented singer, and sang for the first time during a duet with Dennis in "Imposter".
- Davia's birthday was celebrated in "Re-Birthday".
- For her birthday she created a series of "Drivia" questions for each team to figure out.
- Her favorite daiquiri flavors are strawberry and kiwi.
- Her favorite butt-burner is served at "Las Perales".
Davia: Yeah, well, feminism doesn't bring all the boys to the yard.
Davia: Sorry I went postal on your boss. I was in a pissed off mood.
Mariana: It's okay. Trolls got to get to you at some point, right?
Davia: It wasn't them. Veglover, the polite troller, that's my mother. Even when I was a kid and got bullied she always asked what I did to deserve it. It doesn't bother me that she thinks I'm fat, I just wish for once in my life she would stand up for me.
Davia: I see these girls that I teach starving themselves. I used to be anorexic. And I want them to love their full figures and see that a healthy body doesn't have to be a skinny body.
Davia (to Mariana): All of my friends at home are married and a few of them are the good kind of pregnant. On purpose. I just don't know what I'm doing here.
Dennis about Davia: So, you can dish it out, but you can't take it? All you do Davia is judge under the guise of calling it like it is or saying what everyone else is thinking. I can guarantee you that no one here feels sorry that your married boyfriend won't leave his wife.
Davia's birthday pledge: This is going to be more than just my birthday. This is going to be my rebirth day. Because I'm making big changes, you know now that it's over with Jeff I am going to start respecting myself. I mean, I deserve a boyfriend who isn't married, right? I'm going to be a quarter-century old. This is going to be the year of me! Even those all my birthdays are important, this rebirth day is going to be the biggest and best of all.
Davia to Dennis: That is not for you to decide. Or to judge. Especially when you go around hiding who you are all the time. You don't get to tell me to keep your secrets and then force me into some sort of confrontation with my mother. I mean, look at me, Dennis! She knows I actually eat. I don't wanna be myself around my mother because it hurts.
You don't think I wish that she could just see me? Not how I look or what I eat? She's the most insecure self-loathing person I've ever known and she's projected that on me my whole life. Which is why I became anorexic. And by the way, you can be too skinny, okay? I was ninety pounds. I had to go into a hospital and get fed with a tube. I don't wanna tell my mom what I really think about her because it will only hurt her. I don't wanna make her feel how she makes me feel.
Characters (Good Trouble)
|Main||Callie Adams Foster • Mariana Adams Foster • Malika Williams • Alice Kwan • Gael Martinez • Curtis Wilson • Davia Moss • Dennis|
|Recurring||Alex Wood • Angela Miller • Benjamin • Bryan • Casey Pierce • Dom Williams • Evan Speck • Jamie Hunter • Jeff • Joey Riverton • Josh Mandela • Kelly • Meera Mattei • Raj Patil • Rebecca • Sam Higgins • Sandra Thompson • Sumi • Jazmin Martinez • Isaac Hall • Marcus • Lisa • Cary Plack • Gwen Tuckerman • Kendra Zahir • Elijah Adrieux|
|Minor||Diana • Kate Nguyen • Libby Wilson • Tate Wilson • Trea Kwan • Rafael Martinez • Yari Clarke • Tolu • Bonnie Moss|