Stef and Lena hesitate to give their blessing when Mariana's biological grandfather tells her she must be baptized in order to be her new half-sister Isabella's godmother. Callie's actions at her birthday party are called out by Stef, and they make a big decision in order to avoid jeopardizing her adoption.
- Teri Polo as Stef Adams Foster
- Sherri Saum as Lena Adams Foster
- Hayden Byerly as Jude Adams Foster (credit only)
- David Lambert as Brandon Foster
- Maia Mitchell as Callie Jacob
- Danny Nucci as Mike Foster
- Cierra Ramirez as Mariana Adams Foster
- Tom Williamson as AJ Hensdale
- Alexandra Barreto as Ana Gutierrez
- Tony Plana as Victor Gutierrez
- Rosie O'Donnell as Rita Hendricks
- Marlene Forte as Elena Gutierrez
- Yvette Monreal as Adriana Gutierrez
- Keean Johnson as Tony
- Chris Warren as Ty Hensdale
- Mark Daugherty as Jin Chang
- Kathryn Zenna as Robin
- David Douglas as Chris
- Mike Gomez as Father Peña
- Warren Sweeney as Seller
- Connie Jackson as Teacher
- Mariana is almost baptized so that she can be Isabella's godmother. However, she does not go through with it due to the Catholic church viewing homosexuality as a sin. She later says she doesn't need a title in order to look out for her sister.
- Lena admits that she is still mourning baby Frankie's death and has been suffering from depression over it. She also admits to hating baby Frankie's cherry tree since it is a daily reminder of the loss.
- AJ is removed from the Adams Foster's household and is set to stay with Rita until Mike gets his license to foster.
- AJ and Ty meet up, and Ty meets Mike and Callie.
- Callie is removed from the Adams Foster's household due to Brandon's previous restraining order, back from season one.