Callie decides to try a new tactic with Robert while Brandon aims to convince the band that his mom's rules can work for everyone. News about Ana's situation gives Mariana an idea that would affect the entire Adams Foster family.
Meanwhile, Jude tries to make amends with Connor and agrees to go on a group date.
- What the episode title is referring to is not exactly clear. If might be referring to the story behind the kidnapping of Tasha seeing the light of day. It might also be referring to the movie Jude's group date was watching which is called Bright Lights, although the dialogue is similar to the Oscar-winning film, Brokeback Mountain, a story of two 1960's cowboys who become lovers.
- Mariana's abandonment issues are demonstrated when she worries about what would happen if her boyfriend, Mat, goes on tour without her.
- It is revealed that Jesus is one of the best wrestlers on the team.
- Callie returns to the same store from Christmas Past, where she bought Daphne a toy dog to give to her daughter Tasha, in order to buy a gift for Sophia. The store lady recognizes Callie as the person who bought the toy dog in Christmas Past and alerts the authorities. The authorities question Callie about the kidnapping of Tasha due to Tasha returning to her foster home with the toy dog in hand after being kidnapped by Daphne.
- It is shown that Robert, like his daughter Callie, has an interest in photography and shares similar food tastes.
- According to Mat, Brandon is not the first fellow bandmember that Lou has dated.
- Ana is thinking of naming her baby Isabella. Isabella later becomes the baby's official birth name.
- Main Article: Music Guide
- September Fields by Frazey Ford (Mariana yells at Jesus about his bloody medical swabs around the bathroom then they talk about Ana and her baby.)
- The Odds by The Cabin Project (At the thrift store, Callie buys a gift for Sophia.)
- The Echo & the Shadow by The Well Pennies (Jude sits with Connor, Daria and Taylor at lunch then Daria suggest they all attend the movies together later; Jude ask Connor about Daria being his girlfriend then Connor asks him he likes Taylor.)
- Ghostly by Little Racer (Daphne visits with her daughter.)
- Let's Go Home (Sound Remedy Remix) by Carousel (Mat tells Mariana that he loves her then Mariana tells Mat that she wants to go on tour with him.)
- String Quartet in C Major, Op. 76 No. 3 "Emperor": Minuetto. Allegro by The Bartok Quartet (Lena works when Monte comes into her office.)
- When You Break by Bear's Den (Callie is at work when detectives approach her and begin asking questions; Lena arrives on to find Ana there with Stef then Ana discuss Mariana visit with her and adopting her baby with Lena and Stef.)