Callie makes an important decision to address the hold-up in her adoption face on, but Jude may be more affected by her choice than he lets show. Things heat up between Callie and Wyatt, but Callie realizes she may not be emotionally ready to take the next step. Lena vies for the Principal's job at Anchor Beach, which causes some friction in her already rocky relationship with Timothy. When the dance team holds auditions for a new member, Mariana questions why she was chosen to join the team, and she doesn't like the answer. She didn't like that her group picked someone else than her.
- Callie meets Sophia for the first time.
- Timothy signs the donor agreement.
- Callie's birthday is revealed to be July 11.
- There is an old bike in the Adams Foster's garage called "Mikey the Bikey." Brandon, Jesus, and Mariana all learned how to ride a bike on that bike.
- Lena made a family tree in college and retraced her lineage all the way back to Africa.
- Sophia at the age of fourteen is taking SAT prep.
- The title, Say Something, is most likely referring to Jude's sudden muteness in this episode. In particular, this title might be referring to the last scene of the episode, when Callie unsuccessfully tries to get Jude to talk.