|“||The Coterie at the palace is an intentional community where we share resources to enrich our lives and the lives of others by cultivating friendship, social progression, and artistic expression.||”|
— Description of The Coterie
The Coterie, also referred to as The Coterie at the Palace, is an apartment building in downtown Los Angeles. It exists inside the Palace theater. However, the upper floors are all lofts.
Throughout Good Trouble
Callie and Mariana move into the apartment and meet Alice, the manager of the apartment complex. Their room is empty and worn down, and due to their furniture being stolen, the sisters had to lay their mattresses on the floor. Alice explained to them that everyone shares at the Coterie, from a bathroom to a kitchen. In the end, everyone donated pieces of their furniture to help Callie and Mariana so they had things.
- Alice Kwan (Manager)
Notes and Trivia
- Complimentary toilet paper was originally provided to the residents by Alice. However, after residents continuously used too much paper, she decided to revoke this service.
- The rent is $1,800 a month, which is the cheapest place to live in DTLA.
- All of the residents share a bathroom and kitchen.
- There is a pool on the roof of the apartment complex, as well as a residential area where Gael resides.
- The apartment complex has a problem with mice, which is why the residents aren't recommended to have a chamber pot.
- Every resident has to pick an activity for community service and sign a communal contract.
Davia: To the Coterie.
Alice: An intentional community...
The Coterie Group: Where we share resources to enrich our lives and the lives of others by cultivating friendship, social progression, and artistic expression.
- "Vitamin C"