- "You don't think I wish that she could just see me? Not how I look or what I eat? She's the most insecure self-loathing person I've ever known and she's projected that on me my whole life. Which is why I became anorexic. And by the way, you can be too skinny, okay? I was ninety pounds. I had to go into a hospital and get fed with a tube. I don't wanna tell my mom what I really think about her because it will only hurt her. I don't wanna make her feel how she makes me feel."
Davia's mom comes to town, stirring up old issues. Callie and Malika make some mistakes attempting to help people. Meanwhile, Mariana tries to figure out what to do about the problems from their app beta test and gets confronted by the other women on the grievance committee.
- Maia Mitchell as Callie Adams Foster
- Cierra Ramirez as Mariana Adams Foster
- Zuri Adele as Malika Williams
- Tommy Martinez as Gael Martinez (credits only)
- Sherry Cola as Alice Kwan (credits only)
- Emma Hunton as Davia Moss
- Josh Pence as Dennis Cooper
- Sarunas Jackson as Isaac Hall
- T.J. Linnard as Evan Speck
- Dhruv Uday Singh as Raj Patil
- Chloe Wepper as Casey Pierce
- Maisie Klompus Rachel
- Rachel Rosenbloom as Gina
- Seri de Young as Claire
- Shannon Welles as Selina
- as Joseph Turner
- Juan Antontio as Marcus
- Shawntay Dalon as Lisa
Notes and Trivia
- "Unfiltered" marks the first appearance of a physically disabled individual in both "The Fosters" and "Good Trouble".
- Callie starts her new job at the legal aid as a research assistant for Public Legal Aid.
- Dennis and Davia begin a friendship especially after he helps her take a good Instagram photo.
- Flashbacks to one-year before "DTLA" occur. This is the first episode to feature flashbacks as opposed to showing a non-linear timeline.
- Dennis' surname is learned. He was the last main character to have a spoken surnamed. He follows only Davia, whose surname wasn't spoken, or known, until "Re-Birthday".